Setting up SubSonic 3.0 is very, very easy. All you need is a database, a connection string defined (in your Web or App.config) and you're good to go. Here's a walkthrough:
Setting up SubSonic 3.0 in your project is meant to be silly simple. Here are the steps, in order:
- Create a new project in Visual Studio 2008
- Add a connection string to your Web/App.config, give it a name, and point it to a valid database
- Grab the folder containing the T4 templates (the "tt" extensions) and locate the one that named "_Settings". Open it up in Notepad and set the value for "ConnectionStringName" to the name of the connection string you just made.
- Drop the folder with the T4 templates into your project. Visual Studio 2008 will see these and execute the template code, creating your classes
- You're done - go have a Kabob.